SELANGOR no image

Published on June 10th, 2009 | by email2me

Restoran Super Kitchen Chili Pan Mee Now Available at Chow Yang SS2

Attention Chili Pan Mee lovers,

We use to be need to travel all the way to Chow Kit Batu Road for a good bowl of Chili Pan Mee. Then later on the Super Kitchen is the first to branch out their outlets to Kota Damansara and then to Kepong. Now it is available at SS2 Chow Yang, Petaling Jaya. So no need to go till that far. I have verified it, this shop still serve a kick ass bowl of chili pan mee.

It is located on the other side of Kayu Nasi Kandar. It is in the middle part of the 2 shop lots.

Checkout my previous post on this restaurant’s chili pan mee.

36 Responses to Restoran Super Kitchen Chili Pan Mee Now Available at Chow Yang SS2

1. Sugar Bean says:

Love pan mee and love spicy food. Would love to check this place out. Read positive comments before, guess it should be really good. 🙂

Sugar Beans last blog post..The Hole in the Wall Restaurant

2. allie says:

I’m a pan mee freak! Too bad that PG don’t have a place for a great bowl of nice pan mee. So sad… and you are torturing me with your pan mee post! so bad la you…

3. christock says:

omgggg thanks for the heads up!

christocks last blog post..Hiatus with an excuse

4. Christy says:

I kept hearing/reading about this chili pan mee lar but I’ve never try it although I grew up in KL…LOL!
    Must arrange a trip there when back in KL!! 😉

Christys last blog post..Triple Exotic Asian flavors @ Golden Triangle

Same boss same taste la brother …. 😛

You will crave for more when you first try it. 😀

7. wmw says:

Oh, great – even nearer to me. But prefer Kin Kin if I go downtown KL.

wmws last blog post..Ko Hyang Korean Country Delights @ The Gardens, Mid Valley City

8. Chong says:

Interesting… What are the opening hours?
    .-= Chong´s last blog ..Espressamente Illy In Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur =-.

Must remember this place so you can take me to makan.

10. chillipanmeeaddict says:

another opposite taipan too 🙂
    they are expanding fast 🙂

this is for fun:

11. xin says:

finally i got a chance nearby to go try it!! 😀 😀
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Hydro Majestic Hotel @ Batu Feringgi, Penang and how shit happened. =-.

12. hmm…wondering where can I find Pan Mee in Pg?
    .-= Modo Alimentare´s last blog ..Shang Pin Restaurant ???? @ Penang =-.

13. can’t find such in penang hor?
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..Food Loft / Ko-Fu-Loft ??? =-.

14. panmeelover says:

WOW!!! the pan mee in Super Kitchen Restorant ia fantastic!! i lurv it veri much. i m glad that they have a NEW BRANCH at SS2 which is near my house. !!!! 🙂

15. food-4tots says:

I had tried the original stall at Batu Road. Still prefer the plain pan mee plus its sambal. 😉
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..My recipe column «????» featured in Kwong Wah Yit Poh =-.

16. Timothy Low says:

Wow … seems like this Pan Mee thingy is everywhere. I remember doing an early review .. during those days when I first started blogging. This pan mee place in Seri Kembangan … gotta go try it again ….
    .-= Timothy Low´s last blog ..Lorong Selamat – Penang Hawker Fare Series =-.

17. When I went back in March, I realised there were a lot of new stores selling chilli pan mee…I wonder why.
    .-= pigpigscorner´s last blog ..Braised Duck with Ginger (???) =-.

18. tummythoz says:

Been telling ppl the name of the shop is Super Kitchen but in fact the big words screams Chilly Pan Mee. Poor friends had to go round & round &..
    .-= tummythoz´s last blog ..Hen + Stag = Party =-.

19. Lisa says:

Went there today. So disappointmenting!

I usually go to Kin Kin across the road from the Super Kitchen in Chow Kit. I decided to give Super Kitchen a try since it’s in SS2, thinking that if it’s any good, I could go there rather than all the way down to Chow Kit.

The mee is fatter than the Kin Kin pan mee and it’s soft and spongy. No spring to it like at Kin Kin. The chilli is not as tasty as the one from Kin Kin. Somehow it’s flat – just hot, no aroma. The mince pork has a sweet taste – too much sugar added. And NO CHEE YEOW CHAR!! Now that was the killer for me.

I know Super Kitchen and Kin Kin are not the same place so I shouldn’t expect the same taste but Super Kitchen – from their preparation and serving style to the dry chilli – tries to copy Kin Kin so I hoped that at least it would be a decent copy.

Sadly, no. Their pan mee is tasteless even compared to other pan mees.

20. tmh says:

wao wao.. gonna go there to hav a try one day!! Chili pan mee wait for me… ^.^

21. all this comparison w Kin Kin’s…i must go try this kin kin liow…since i no pan mee lover, if i like it, then it must be good! LOL
    .-= thenomadGourmand´s last blog ..Green Apple SAMBAL Burger!!! =-.

22. ahh..now the comment thingy is workin GOOD!! no nd wait FOREVER.
    .-= thenomadGourmand´s last blog ..Green Apple SAMBAL Burger!!! =-.

23. Alan Tan says:

Hi food sifu,

Without disrespect to your post..IMHO I still prefer Kin Kin’s chilli pan meen to this. ys this outlet chilli’s is fiery and tasty , but the quality of the nooddle in Kin Kin is much better as opposed to Batu Road’s as its handmade compares to machine made ones here.
    .-= Alan Tan´s last blog ..PorkMix Soup ( Chu Chap Tong ) =-.

24. xin says:

hmmmm the one in kota damansara is also another branch of this? and i think it is!
    .-= xin´s last blog ..The Wok Cafe (Penang Nyoya and Local Cuisine) @ The Strand,Kota Damansara =-.

25. Kenneth says:

Kin Kin’s (located opposite to Super kitchen at Batu Road) is the original and the best chilli pan mee in town for 25 years. I’ve tried it eversince when the couple was running their stall under tree not far from their present shop. Super Kitchen’s owner was a brilliant entrepreneur who saw the potential of cilli pan mee created by this old couple by opening one opposite to it. The signboard carries very very small letter words for Super Kitchen but very huge chinese words for chilli pan mee. Many of my friends are still misled by Super Kitchen because they have never tried the original Kin Kin’s. Though Super Kitchen has branched out very sucessfully, its crowd in Batu Road is normally poor, but at least the business for other outlets are good. Try the original and you will see the diferrence!

P/s. Don’t go on Sunday because it’s very crowded