KL no image

Published on June 18th, 2009 | by email2me

Restoran 2008 Snow Beer – Beer in Slurpee style

Dear all readers. Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I have been having a tough time to find free time to write. Last week I was back to my home town Penang and find that the temperature there are much higher compared to KL. At that point of time, my mind keep thinking of the chill out with my buddy Andrew. I went to that place after read about the snow beer article written by fellow food blogger, Wilson at his site.

On a scorching hot day, I just couldn’t resist 2 things. 1 ice cream and another one is ice cold beer. Some more this one got snow flakes in your beer glass.This shop is located 5 minutes away from Taman Yu Lek, Cheras Food Street.

cheras restoran 2008 snow beer - 13

Andrew was there first before I arrive. At first he saw only few tables were occupied and the rest were empty. All seats were placed under open air and inside the restaurant, there are not place for you to sit. So all were sitting on open air tables and along the hall way of the restaurants. So he take the lead and kill a bottle first before I arrive. He ordered Heineken.

cheras restoran 2008 snow beer - 02
The bottles were placed in chiller rather than ordinary fridge. There are reasons behind it.

cheras restoran 2008 snow beer - 01

Same goes for the glass. From the picture you can see that the glass were almost frozen.

When I arrived, Drew already almost finish the whole bottle. So I ordered another bottle and some foods.

cheras restoran 2008 snow beer - 07
See the effect of the beer! There are a trick to pour this beer. The waitress will turn the glass while pouring so that the liquid touch all the glass surface.

cheras restoran 2008 snow beer - 08
This is not bubble. It is frost! The ice flakes which same like 7-11 Slurpee

cheras restoran 2008 snow beer - 03
See the center part. Ice flake starting to float

cheras restoran 2008 snow beer - 04

The Final stage. You have to drink it fast down or else you won’t feel the cold feeling down your throat.

Pages: 1 2

29 Responses to Restoran 2008 Snow Beer – Beer in Slurpee style

Finally get to see the snow beer that was mentioned by Wilson during the dinner. Looks interesting…would sure like to try out the slurpee texture.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Penang Food Bloggers Tasting Session at Ivy’s Kitchen =-.

2. superwilson says:

Told u the beer was nice…. Satisfaction guaranteed!
    .-= superwilson´s last blog ..Beef Burger @ LICT (Limkokwing University of Creative Technology), Cyberjaya =-.

3. SimpleGirl says:

what a nice comabination…snow beer with ikan bilis, onion and chillies….

4. hai… i thought it’s in penang…. now it’s in cheras… so far away…
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..Seventies 70’s Latin Coffea =-.

5. foodbin says:

Great ideas and gimmicky.

6. J2Kfm says:

yeah, the trick is to drink them fast.
    in Ipoh, it’s served in a larger mug, almost a pint.

therefore slurp them REAL fast, or else. heheheh …
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Meet The Floggers (Chapter 3) : Right Round Gunung Rapat in Ipoh =-.

7. allie says:

Penang also got a place served snow beer. At church street there, have you try before?

8. Interesting!! Don’t forget to take me along if want to try out the Penang’s 1… hehehe….

9. xin says:

what? snow beer? I WANT!!!!
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Oriental Pavilion @ Jaya33, Seksyen 14 =-.

10. mimid3vils says:

Now I know the trick is at the cup, hehe 😛

11. food-4tots says:

Interesting! What a neat trick! Something new to me. 😉
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Invited Food Review at Ko-Fu-Loft (Penang) – Part I =-.

12. wah snow beer, that’s nice. I know a pub near town area in Penang last time that serve snow beer, but the boss claim that the cost is too high and he cut off that idea. Next time when go down to KL sure want you to bring me to this place.

13. Extreme says:

Wah… reminds me of the green bottle advert…shout like hell… nice.

14. Calvyn says:

I only visit the church street snow beer before…going to have a try on this soon 😀 thank for intro

15. Beer Reviews says:

That makes me thirsty to drink a beer. I would really find a way to try that one. That’s cool.