Lingzie Food Tasting Sessions at Louis Cafe, Argyll Road Penang - Food Point of Interest

PENANG no image

Published on February 6th, 2009 | by email2me

Food Tasting Sessions at Louis Cafe, Argyll Road Penang

Last week when I was in Penang for CNY, I got invited by Lingzie to join her for a food tasting session at Louis Cafe, Argyll Road. It is just opposite Mingood Hotel. The restaurant opened since Dec 22nd 2008.

louis 07.jpgThe sign board of Louis Cafe are kinda hard to spot if you pass by too fast. This is due to the inconsiderate tailor shop next door for putting the sign board too big.

louis 08.jpgSecond Floor Upstairs for non smokers …. contemporary design and cozy environment … very old school feel. It is a good place for a booze after the dinner. This place is very suitable for business discussions too as it come with FREE WIFI Service which I couldn’t leave without nowadays. Every business do depend on internet to communicate and passing info around.

louis 02.jpg

louis 03.jpg

louis 09.jpgOverview of the restaurant from the stair case while coming down. The ground floor are meant for smoking customers

louis 24.jpg

louis 01.jpgLeft is the 2 main chef of Louis cafe which both of them came with years of experience in preparing western and Italian foods. 1 from Singapore well known hotel and another one was formerly from Park Royal.

louis 06.jpgWell categorized menu …. We had a hard time deciding what to eat with their extensive menu … everything looks good

louis 10.jpgEnd up we ordered a Fresh Pumpkin SoupRating 4/5 [RM9]. The pumpkin soup were cooked from a fresh pumpkin and very creamy. It comes with a bit of almond flakes which blend it perfectly.

louis 13.jpgItalianese Wild Mushroom SoupRating 3/5 at [RM10] Fresh daily cook mushroom soup consist of shitake mushroom, button mushroom and abalone mushroom. This soup shall taste better if the chef add a bit of black mushrooms and will make a better presentation as the current color made it looks it just came out from the can.

Pages: 1 2 3

14 Responses to Food Tasting Sessions at Louis Cafe, Argyll Road Penang

1. can’t wait for this sunday then!! no desserts ah??

2. wow….. the foods look so great.

FoOd PaRaDiSes last blog post..T.G.I Friday @ Queensbay Mall

3. desmond-t says:

I am definitely tempted by your review…

Let me check when is the next time I’ll be returning to Penang… Louis Cafe wait for me!

4. lingzie says:

lovely photos ken! shall steal some of your photos for my post. hehe 🙂

lingzies last blog post..Where To Eat for Valentine’s Day in Penang

rebeccca : enjoy urself …. no dessert during my session … way too full ….

food paradise : it is ….. try them out

desmond : they are there opening the door waiting for you

lingzie : thx …. u got the big size copy which I put in my server … check your mailbox on where to download it

finally got to see your review…nice intro, Ken.

ck lams last blog post..Pan Mee @Macalister Road/Lorong Selamat, Penang

7. cariso says:

Wah…..you are VIP leh, escorted by Lingzie! 🙂

carisos last blog post..Bravo Italiana @ I-Avenue

ck : Thanks 😀

cariso : no ler … I escort her and not she escort me. Me just a Ke li feh there only …

9. Selba says:

The food looks so delicious… very nice presentation.

They are PRO in western food ……… the chefs are all skillful

11. hi, if you dont mind…. madam teoh just told me the shop was opened in 22nd Dec 2008 last year.

she also showed me your name card and she sincerely appreciate everyone who came to her cafe the other day and you as well.

New Kid On The Blogs last blog post..Kim Hee Chinese Restaurant ?????????

Hi NKOTB,

Thanks for the info. Updated to my post …

Seems like you already pay them a visit….. hope you enjoy yourself there. The food are great and ambiance are relaxing.

Madam Teoh always emphasizing, this is a good gathering place for people to meet up.

Steven : Thanks …. I dun have the time to edit my pix with Photoshop … all these were done automatically with nextgen gallery.

Plain better than none lor …. at least ppl know where this pix came from

14. Chris says:

“Very informative stuff – thanks for sharing 🙂

I put up some information about Penang Travel Blog in my blog . Please visit and have some comments .. Hopefully I will visit Penang soon 🙂

cheers …