Affordable & Specialist in Lobster Cuisine, The Lobsterman [Homarus Americanus] - Food Point of Interest

SELANGOR no image

Published on January 20th, 2009 | by email2me

Affordable & Specialist in Lobster Cuisine, The Lobsterman [Homarus Americanus]

lobsterman 04.jpg

The word “LOBSTER” alone usually will bring people impression that this is an exquisite premium food. In Malaysia I think this is the only restaurant which serve 80% lobster dishes in their menu. Lobster also known as the King of Seafood. The body of the lobster consists of a large body (made up of 14 segments) and a moveable, muscular abdomen (composed of 7 segments). They have 5 pairs of legs including two claws. The colour of live lobsters can come in just about every colour except red. The saying red as a lobster is just a saying and most are usually bluish green in color. Lobsters can be found off the Atlantic coast of the northern United States and Canada, waters off Florida, Southern California, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Mediterranean. The Homarus Americanus, the American Lobster, is also known as the Massachusetts lobster, the Maine Lobster, the Canadian lobster or the North Atlantic lobster. In Asia they are also referred to as the Boston Lobster.

lobsterman 23.jpg

Lobsterman was setup by Mr. Bruce Ma (a Hong Kong native), has not only mastered the art of preparing this crustacean but he’s also out to make it an affordable feast. He bring with him over 10 years of experience as chef along with his ties as being the main seafood supplier in Hong Kong. There are Maine lobsters or Homarus Americanus, the Archetpal lobster, the Real McCoy, the one with outsized claws you all want to eat.

lobsterman 03.jpgThis lobster is alive. The waiter will choose the lobster and show it to you whether you want that. Or you can choose it in front of the aquarium. This is a 700 Gram lobster which will end up on my plate later. You can see the lobster’s eye look so angry looking at me! =.=”

lobsterman 11.jpgThe bigger ones – 700 Gram

lobsterman 10.jpg

The Smaller Ones

Pages: 1 2 3 4

15 Responses to Affordable & Specialist in Lobster Cuisine, The Lobsterman [Homarus Americanus]

1. Duckie says:

wow .. sounds good and looks good too!!

Duckies last blog post..Chinese New Year Cookies

Duckie : Ya …. this is real good. At RM35 you can taste lobster already 😀

3. allie says:

RM 35 for one whole lobster? That’s real cheap..
    Normally they sell it per gram ler…

allies last blog post..Penang Food | Toasted Bread @ Joo Leong Cafe

Allie : not whole ler ….. just 1/3 only. They cook it into your set lunch.

Tak boleh tahan…I want to visit this place. I have mark it in my makan list to try the Shelter’s Garlic Lobster since you give it a 5/5 rating.
    Would be nice if we could go together lor…

ck lams last blog post..Hokkien Mee with Pork Knuckle @Presgrave Street

6. wow…. really nice foods. I agree with CK, the Shelter’s Garlic Lobster really looks delicious leh. yum! Yum!

FoOd PaRaDiSes last blog post..Pusat Makan & Minum Eng Sin @ Perak Road

CK : can …. my office just 5 mins away only. 😀

Food Paradise : no one beats Hong Kie in preparing lobster dishes. They are just good !

sean : make sure your wallet thick enough before you order other things beside the sets 😀

9. sean says:

foodpoi, nvm la.. cny angpow.. see got how much first.. chap goh meh go la.. haha

10. Justin says:

wah the lobster so BIG. I never try lobster in my life before, everytime i get to see nia…. its just too expensive for me. Wait till i win toto this year first hehe

11. This looks awesome!! But…. I am wary of using apparatus when feasting on crustacean! I always end up using it wrongly or hurting someone!

550ml jar of faiths last blog post..Feeding season begins at Green View, SS2

12. Criz Lai says:

I’m thinking of those cooked with Chinese wine now.. haha 😛

Happy “Niu” Year to you and all in the family. May this year be a healthy, wealthy and prosperous year for everyone. 🙂

Criz Lais last blog post..CHINESE NEW YEAR WISHES

13. Walio, eat one person onli . . . . .. . . . . . . I want, I want!

14. must book mark your page and try it out one day 😛

15. WAN says:

i looking for lobster.. i want to buy lobster.. where can i buy it.. im really need lobster.. please..