It all started 2 weeks before our national independence day in year ..." /> The Evolution Of Food POI's Food Photography - Food Point of Interest

EVENTS no image

Published on December 17th, 2008 | by email2me

The Evolution Of Food POI’s Food Photography

It all started 2 weeks before our national independence day in year 2007. That time a lot of my colleague were taking annual leave and ask about good foods location in my hometown or any places which I’ve been to. In my day job, I travel a lot and always look for best local foods which recommended by my business associates or customers. During that time, I just use my phone to take the pictures. It was a Sony Ericsson K800i 3.2Mpixel Camera phone which still in service until today. This is a good phone I can say.

Then after 2 months using this, I felt that I need to get a better picture quality and also lightweight. I require lightweight gadgets cause it makes me more convenient to travel around with it.

SONY Cyber-shot DSC T10 – 7.2Mega Pixels Compact Camera

So I get myself a SONY Cyber-shot DSC T10 which is a 7.2 Megapixel compact camera. This indeed is a very compact, handy and work pretty good for day to day shot. That time I have started to venture in to GPS (Global Positioning System) community. During the weekends, I am pretty free so I just drive around with my GPS and go to the nearest food spot [Which is known as Food Point Of Interest] recommendation and sort of like QC the taste of the food recommended. I am quite particular on foods taste, cleanliness and also the price for it. You know la … Penang people live in a land of hawker foods heaven. With RM1 you can call it a meal if you don’t mind to go simple dish.

Pictures were taken and simple review is record written [You will notice this on my earlier post]. Time fly by and I receive a lot email from my readers asking why my food blog/portal has so little info with so many pictures. They ask me to go in depth of the foods like other food reviewers.Time pass by and more readers hop in to my blog. From there I earn quite a substancial amount of money when I join Google and Nuffnang when they launch. So from the money earned I invested those money back for the sake of the community. The SONY Cyber-shot DSC T10 is good but under low light condition the picture quality are not acceptable and very hard to capture. I dine quite frequent in restaurants and those lightings are usually dimm. Hence I acquire Canon Powershot G9 together with the Canon Speed Lite 430 EX II.

canon_g9Canon Powershot G9 – 12.1 Mega Pixels Prosumer Camera

Pages: 1 2 3 4

17 Responses to The Evolution Of Food POI’s Food Photography

1. Chong says:

Finally, you got your Canon EOS 50D. 😀

Chongs last blog post..Stand By Me

2. PenangTuaPui says:

wa wa wa… show off liao lor…. hmmm.. beh ho seh….. hahaha…..

but the photo u shud is 10000000x improve…. great gadgets….

PenangTuaPuis last blog post..Malay Food | Jelutong Highway Fisherman Port

thats a very detail post of all your gadgets. I also want your canon camera…haha

ck lams last blog post..Invited Review @Dragon-i Queensbay Mall, Penang

Chong : Ya loh …. lucky can arrive on time before I went for my ultimate Penang food trips which last for 3 days on intensive eating. I can now understand why you and Jason so enjoy using your 40D. The speed and quality … irresistible to snap more.

PTP : thanks for the compliment

CK : Wait for your EOS 450D to arrive lor ….. then you can snap more nice food pictures.

5. Allie says:

wah! got yourself a dslr liao and it’s a great one! Will be waiting eagerly for the pics from your new gadget.

Allies last blog post..Penang Food | Bravo Italiana

6. Chong says:

Not forgetting the sound of the shutter too. LOL.

7. whoa congrats! great photos..we still duno which one to get la..am such a noob in cameras

kampungboycitygals last blog post..Waroeng Penyet @ The Curve, Mutiara Damansara

• email2me says:

kampungboycitygal : Thanks …. if the camera can satisfy your demand/need, no need to change also no problem. You may try take pictures of people naturally without posing. Then you will understand why I go for a DSLR. hehehe ….

8. cariso says:

Wow, I enjoy reading your evolution of camera.

carisos last blog post..Mama’s Nyonya Food

cariso : Thanks 🙂

10. wow such an improvement, and yet makes me to desire a new one!

11. Ben Yeoh says:

Kanasai… why wasn’t I given the credit for being the camera tester? Hahaha~! Nice insights of the revolution!

Ben Yeohs last blog post..Model Shoot – Intan

BBO : Awaiting yours to arrive… then let’s rock the upcoming sessions …. 😀

Ben : OKOK …. KUM SIA lu ……. hahaha

13. Kelvin says:

Fwah! Ah Ken kor! Let me play with your new toy can? =)

Kelvins last blog post..It was COMPLICATED but its all GOOD now. *hearts*

14. Neo says:

Hey, buy one of those old camera la… 50% discount le. 🙂
    .-= Neo´s last blog ..Kek Lok Si =-.