KL

CLOSED : Thai Pan Delights at Kuchai Lama Entrepreneur Park

I am always a big fan for spicy and sour food especially Thai Food to be more precise. In Klang Valley, good and cheap Thai food is not easy to get. But after visit this restaurant, it change the whole perception of cheap thing no good and good thing no cheap.

Located on the same row with Jojo Pan mee, there’s a Thai restaurant which looks like an ordinary restaurant that sell Thai hawker and home cook food known as Thai Pan Delights

thai-pan-delight

ambiance
Simple setup and cozy environment

ambiance2
Feels like dining at home

This place is always packed during rush hours for lunch and dinner. The menu is quite extensive and what ever Thai hawker food or common dishes are available here. Most of the dishes cost below RM10 which makes it affordable and widely accepted for the peoples who work and stay around the area. Let us not waste time and dig in the dishes which I have tested and share the nice food here (Picture only …….. :P).

Appetiser

pomelo-salad
Pomelo Salad – RM6 – Strongly Recommended!

Normally when we visit Thai restaurant, without fail we will order the mango or papaya salad. Here in Thai Pan Delights, I saw this salad and it sounds special. The pomelo flesh were mix with prawns and other condiments result in a tangy and spicy salad to start our dinner. It is very refreshing and taste real good.

thai-fish-cakes
Thai Fish Cakes – RM8.50 for 6 pcs

The Thai fish cake taste like any other Thai restaurant’s fish cake but the sauce were slightly different. It has garlic and crushed peanut mixed in which makes it slightly special. It goes along very well with the fish cakes.

Main Course

fried-pandan-chicken
Pandan Chicken – RM8.50 for 6 pcs

pandan-chicken2

Thai Pandan chicken is one of my fav which I usually order when dining in Thai restaurant. The juicy chicken marinated with a lot spices and then wrapped into a pandan leave. Deep fried to perfection and served piping hot makes it good to be eaten with white rice or as snack.

• October 26, 2009 - 5:26 am | Permalink

Love spicy and sour food too, everything looks great! Now I have a huge craving for Thai food.
    .-= pigpigscorner´s last blog ..The New Angel*, Dartmouth, Devon [Restaurant Review] =-.

• October 26, 2009 - 8:59 am | Permalink

belacan fried rice was one of my fav dish back in Penang, with most food courts and stalls offering at least one type.
    and nasi kerabu as well.
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Ipoh Street Food – Cheap & Tasty Choices =-.

• October 26, 2009 - 9:48 am | Permalink

wow, lovely, a place a can plan a visit once sugar bean back from UK 🙂
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Chinoz on the Park @ KLCC =-.

• October 26, 2009 - 10:10 am | Permalink

wow food looks good ler … i love fish cakes and pandan chicken!!!
    .-= Duckie´s last blog ..Buffet lunch @ Hardwicke House =-.

• October 26, 2009 - 11:55 am | Permalink

sigh. i feel sad looking at the pictures and cracking my head what to eat for lunch…
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Deepavali Open House FoodFest =-.

• October 26, 2009 - 12:03 pm | Permalink

I just had Thai food yesterday, but looking at your blog now, my stomach is crying for more Thai food!I love belacan fried rice and a hot bowl of tom yam soup!
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Ah Weng Koh Famous Hainan Coffee and Roti Kahwin @ Imbi Market =-.

• October 26, 2009 - 4:52 pm | Permalink

heee, i have been to the shop last month, but still havent manage to post up yet.keke.~
    the do have nice desert~

• October 26, 2009 - 8:21 pm | Permalink

quite near to get to. Wanna try the pomelo salad 🙂
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Chong Yen Steamed Fish Food Stall ????????? @ Chan Sow Lin =-.

• October 31, 2009 - 1:25 pm | Permalink

You will love it …. something new compared to normal mango and papaya salad

• October 27, 2009 - 2:51 pm | Permalink

a great discovery-Thai food at such affordable prices.
    .-= foodbin´s last blog ..GOOD FRIEND-GENTING-2 visit.. =-.

• October 31, 2009 - 1:26 pm | Permalink

Yea man …. the cheapest and good Thai Food in town ….

• October 27, 2009 - 11:50 pm | Permalink

The food plus all the desserts makes a very filling meal…nice place.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Penang Hawker Food – Popiah Crabmeat =-.

• October 28, 2009 - 3:23 pm | Permalink

interesting, cheap n delish, wouldnt mind going to give this a try
    .-= lotsofcravings´s last blog ..Shuraku @ Solaris, Mont Kiara =-.

• October 29, 2009 - 2:13 am | Permalink

Your pictures always make things look juicer.. yums *drools*
    .-= chriso´s last blog ..This Is It – His last message to us =-.

• October 31, 2009 - 1:27 pm | Permalink

Where got …. the food is delicious not my camera made it …. 😛

• October 31, 2009 - 1:27 pm | Permalink

My stomach growling when I wrote this post =.=||

• October 31, 2009 - 11:03 pm | Permalink

I agree with you! The belacan fried rice was truly out of this world! Unpretentious but impressive! 🙂
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..A Japanese & Western Twist at La Yosh =-.

• Eddy
    January 2, 2010 - 10:44 pm | Permalink

I ate there a couple of times and love the food. The green curry was nice unlike some that’s overly spicy that tends to “burn” your tongue.

Went there again about two weeks ago and found it closed. Signborad still there but has “To Let” stickers stuck on it. No sign to indicate that they have moved so I guess they’ve shut down. So sudden… wonder what happened. Quite sad as it’s hard to find good and reasonably priced Thai food.

• Tay
    April 21, 2010 - 2:06 pm | Permalink

Is Pan Thai still in business? I went to look for it last nite, and couldn’t find the shop. Found Ipoh Thai Kopitiam at that address instead.
    Anyone can advise.

• April 21, 2010 - 10:23 pm | Permalink

They already close down due to the place is hard to look for parking therefore chase customer away even though serving good foods.

• bowie
    June 10, 2010 - 1:11 pm | Permalink

the food looks delicious. I love to eat thai food. Do you know where they have moved? I really want to try. Thks