SELANGOR

CLOSED : Royal Thai at Tropicana City Mall

Sawadeekap! (Means hello in Thai) Recently I hang out quite a lot at Tropicana City Mall because of its new GSC cinema which is not so crowded compared to the rest of the malls. Before movie, usually I take my dinner first before heading up to the cinema. I’m a Thai food lover and happen to be saw this new outlet Royal Thai was newly opened.

royal-thai-at-tropicana-city-mall

The restaurant is one of the Tai Thong Group’s restaurant which share a common kitchen with San Francisco Steak House, Santorini and Royal Thai. Imagine under 1 roof you get 3 type of foods (Steak, pizza and tom yam). But we are going to talk about Tom Yam only for now.

ambiance
Comfortable ambiance for family dining

ambiance2

ambiance3
Wine also served from Santorini’s Bar

I went there with Super Wilson and his wife Rachel to try out this place. We were seated at the VIP room where we have a separate room for our table. 3 of us ordered quite a number of dishes cause we all pretty hungry that time.

For appetizer ………..

mieng-kam
Mieng Kum – RM17.90

mieng-kam-2

Mieng Kum is like a must to order whenever you walk in to a Thai restaurant. It is a very appetizing dish which highly addictive. You will definitely want more of it after the first bite.

thai-beef-satay
Thai Beef Satay – RM14.90

thai-fish-cake
Thai Fish Cake – RM17.90

deep-fried-soft-shell-crab-2
Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab – RM10.90

Although we order quite a number of starters, the portion were rather small.

• September 24, 2009 - 2:18 pm | Permalink

more and more Thai food here in Malaysia…..which I will never get bored with it…i would definetely love to try the basil beef..coz normally my choice is basil chicken
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..Hong Kong Post #2 – Coffee Page =-.

• September 24, 2009 - 3:21 pm | Permalink

the fish cake cost so much?? pricey leh!
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..Chiim Contemporary Thai =-.

• September 24, 2009 - 3:54 pm | Permalink

I thought Sawadeekap means Welcome? ๐Ÿ˜› Anyway the tom yam looks very good, but portion rather small eh? How many bowls for that serving?
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Saucerโ€™s Birthday =-.

• September 24, 2009 - 9:00 pm | Permalink

a little pricey eh?
    dainty portions as well. given the Tai Thong umbrella restaurant, probably expected. ๐Ÿ™‚
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Hoong Tho Restaurant @ Old Town, Ipoh โ€“ Transcending Generations =-.

• September 25, 2009 - 12:21 am | Permalink

Ah so… the portions are as tiny as the Thai waitresses? ๐Ÿ˜›
    .-= Life for Beginners´s last blog ..Putting Fitness First =-.

• September 25, 2009 - 2:03 am | Permalink

Aiks… I think the food here were a bit pricey… even for the KL standards. Let me share with you a cheaper version here in Penang soon… one that yet to be commercialized and unknown to the world.. haha! ๐Ÿ˜›
    .-= Criz Lai´s last blog ..A DIFFERENT YAM RICE VERSION IN PENANG =-.

• September 25, 2009 - 8:44 am | Permalink

food looks good .. but price doesn’t!!
    .-= Duckie´s last blog ..Free drinks on a rainy night =-.

• September 25, 2009 - 11:45 am | Permalink

LOL. yeah i agree with most of them, food loooks good, but the price is ouchy!
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Endless good food but ending holiday =-.

• September 25, 2009 - 2:52 pm | Permalink

im gonna make sure i got ENOUGH people b4 i go..
    .-= lotsofcravings´s last blog ..Recuperating like a King @ Amari Vogue Krabi, Thailand =-.

• September 27, 2009 - 2:43 am | Permalink

Once again, u blogged it faster than I do. I’m getting slow at this!

I can’t agree more, its $$$!

• September 27, 2009 - 2:42 pm | Permalink

ur right, the portion is a little small. but i like the ambience ๐Ÿ™‚
    .-= christock´s last blog ..Meeting the Black Eyed Peas in Malaysia! =-.

• September 27, 2009 - 5:54 pm | Permalink

I sure like to try those Thai Beef Satay…sounds interesting.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Premier of โ€˜Chef Daniel Boulud: One Night in Singaporeโ€™ in NEO, Kuala Lumpur =-.

• September 28, 2009 - 5:36 am | Permalink

wah..3 types of food under 1 roof ah..stim la..so many varieties..
    .-= Yatz´s last blog ..Bic Runga – Sway =-.

• September 28, 2009 - 12:48 pm | Permalink

sifu!! LOL =D haha.. i suddenly miss thai food leh… LOL =D mieng kum especially!! yummilicious!!
    .-= andrew´s last blog ..Niji Sushi Restaurant โ€“ Medan Putra, Bandar Sri Menjalara =-.

• September 28, 2009 - 3:07 pm | Permalink

eat nice nice..pocket sure lubang 1~

• September 29, 2009 - 9:21 am | Permalink

Everything looks yummy but the portion look so sad la. ๐Ÿ˜›

• Shocked
    October 18, 2009 - 8:07 pm | Permalink

Grossly overpriced if you ask me.

RM12.90 for Tub Thim Krob? Ridiculous!