KL no image

Published on August 26th, 2009 | by email2me

Kuala Lumpur Best Nasi Lemak at Jalan Ipoh, In Front Of HSBC Bank

Nasi Lemak ….. one of the favorite food in Malaysia for breakfast. I came across a few much talk about best nasi lemak around KL and PJ area. Notable nasi lemak seller like Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa at Kampung Baru and Village Park at Damansara Uptown were slightly over rated. I grow up with Nasi lemak since I was having a neighbour who is a nasi lemak seller. Everyday just go next door and tar pau. I miss those days.

Nasi lemak doesn’t need to be fancy and just need to have the basic condiments like hard boil egg, deep fried crunchy anchovies, fresh cut cucumber and sambal. That’s it. Over the year more and more dish were added to the nasi lemak like beef, cockles, squids and fried eggs. Too many things add on will make it like a full main course. Nasi lemak is meant to be light weight to start your day.

My favorite Nasi Lemak stall is located in front of HSBC Bank along Jalan Ipoh. This stall has 3 branches but I will tell you 2 which is more easy to find.

In front of HSBC Bank Jalan Ipoh

At the corner of Mutiara Shopping Complex at Jalan Ipoh

This is the daugher who take care the stall at Mutiara Complex. She is the one who did the cooking base on her mom’s recipe

This is the mom who started the business

Sambal Sotong

Cockles

Fried Eggs

Kick ass beef rendang

Fiery hot sambal – Put more of this and you will taste the wrath of the chili (The best sambal for nasi lemak I ever had)

My pack of nasi lemak with basic condiments and squid

The nasi lemak carry a strong aroma when you unpack them and imagine the whole pantry were able to smell it. I always get curse for not tar pau for my colleague last time. I usually buy it when I feel like it cause I am staying nearby last time. Now no more. It is damn far for me now to go eat this stall. I like my pack of nasi lemak to be simple with lots of sambal. I usually have 3 scoops of it. The rice were just right without too much of coconut milk and come with ginger and pandan leaf fragrant.

The stall starts at 7am and sold out before 9am. Off On Sunday.

Place: Nasi Lemak in Front of Jalan Ipoh HSBC Bank

WIFI : NO
Smoking and non smoking zone : NO
Tax :
Recommended Foods : Beef rendang and sambal sotong

Recommended Drinks :

Remark:

43 Responses to Kuala Lumpur Best Nasi Lemak at Jalan Ipoh, In Front Of HSBC Bank

1. J2Kfm says:

oh this set of photos you showed us the other day? 🙂
    still rmbr that one in a million shot of the lady smiling away.
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Once Upon A Time … in Bangkok – Traditional Thai Food =-.

2. Coolguy says:

Tempting….
    The nasi lemak seems really ‘berlemak’ especially almost all the lauk are in the pool of oil.
    The lady with with million smiles using her bare hand to pack the nasi lemaks.

• email2me says:

She have no choice to use hand cause I ask her tambah my bilis till she have to clip like 5 to 6 times for the bilis. Then I said makcik tangan angkat lagi cepat la …. hahahaha …… i love their ikan bilis … so crunchy and fine quality type. not those cheapo mamak one with dirt and bones.

3. Little Inbox says:

This is simply delicious! I’m drooling over the sambal sotong and the sambal gravy.
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Chicken & Cheese Paratha Wraps =-.

Its been a while since I had nasi lemak for breakfast. I would be looking for a packet soon after drooling over your photos.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Bee Won Korean Traditional Restaurant, Hotel Royal Penang =-.

5. wow yeah this is the photos that you showed us, just awesome, so beautiful, so Malaysia! 🙂
    .-= Big Boys Oven´s last blog ..Baking at Anna’s Culinary Singapore =-.

6. I used to study at Chong Hwa, how come I don’t know about this?!
    .-= Pigpigscorner´s last blog ..Fragrant Butter Chicken =-.

7. iamthewitch says:

Ehhh I’m trying to stay healthy and here you are tempting me with delicious nasilemak!!! hmpf! 😛
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..The making of… Vegetarian mooncake =-.

8. SimpleGirl says:

most great nasi lemak are food side stall ya! that’s really authentic one!
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..100 [email protected] =-.

9. jack says:

hmmmm…

10. Christine says:

ooo… u reminded me to have nasi lemak tonight! hehe..
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Dessert’s Bar @ Casa Tropicana, PJ =-.

11. mimid3vils says:

It’s in front of HSBC or Mutiara Jalan Ipoh?
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Niji Sushi =-.

12. OMG…. I am so hungry right now. Where can I get a nasi lemak now with the raining spell in Penang? arghhh……
    .-= FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog ..Join the "I Love Malaysia" Campaign and win iPhone 3GS =-.

13. xin says:

wah…………!!! beef rendang is always my fav! gosh. my keyboard is drowning in saliva liao
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Come watch The Ugly Truth screening with me! =-.

14. Oh..finally!
    Tmw tmw tmw!!

Ehh..shit..Puasa got sell ahhh?
    .-= thenomadGourmand´s last blog ..Dinner at The Pink Sage =-.

Nasi lemak for breakfast la ….. not lunch leh ….

16. taufulou says:

wah…so early eat with the fiery sambal..i sure lau sai!
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Xenri D’Garden Terrace @ Menara Hap Seng =-.

17. Timothy Low says:

Aiyoh abang … manyak jauh to go try this favorite nasi lemak place of yours. Nevertheless, the stomach will bring the legs …. Thanks buddy.
    .-= Timothy Low´s last blog ..Din Tai Fung =-.

18. christock says:

I HAVE TO TRY THIS!!!
    .-= christock´s last blog ..The Day I got Pwned =-.

19. food-4tots says:

No matter how I still can’t find a good NL in Spore. So first thing when I am back to KL is to hunt for my favourite NL. 😉
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Power-packed oat bars =-.

20. allie says:

wow! I love nasi lemak! I’m so hungry looking at those sambal now!
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Vintage Bulgaria | Penang Restaurant =-.

21. Christine says:

i wan nasi lemak too! that day we had one in a kopitiam. terrile.. i still thought this type of nasi lemak by the road was the best still 🙂
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..?????? Taste Good Restaurant @ Bandar Puteri Puchong =-.

That one night one I know. Under the tree one right?

23. LH Chan says:

I tried the nasi lemek infront of HSBC and also the one at the side of HSBC building next to the uncle who sells great chinese tong sui! The Paciks nasi lemak was memorable to me. Great kick and worth a try. I actually preferred Paciks nasi lemak.

24. Ninehitz says:

Wow.. the food really looks good!!
    As u mentioned, Nasi Lemak from Village Park at Damansara Uptown slightly over rated.. agreed! and super expensive!!!
    .-= Ninehitz´s last blog ..??????, Asli Makanan Laut Mutiara Biru @Johor Bahru =-.