KL no image

Published on August 2nd, 2009 | by email2me

Din Tai Fung at The Gardens Launching New 10 Latest Taiwanese Dishes

Anyone up for Xiu Long Bao? I’m always a big fans of Xiu Long Bao and in Malaysia we are grateful to have 2 type of Xiu Long Bao which one is from Shang Hai (Dragon-i) and DIN TAI FUNG (Taiwan). Since DTF opened, I never really have a chance to go and try out the ones in The Gardens Mid Valley Megamall. Everytime I get turned off by the que. Currently that is the only outlet in Malaysia.

din tai fung at the gardens midvalley_resize

Front Door with chair for customer to wait

I had mine in Singapore Orchard Road outlet previously cause I travel there for business trip. So basically this is the first time I get to try the Malaysia outlet. I am very honored to be invited for a food tasting session and meet the owner of Malaysia franchise Ms Lim Meng Lu via the intro by my fellow blogger Sean from Makanlah.

cozy family dining table_resize

dtf restaurant layout_resize
The Restaurant During Peak Hours … Loud and lively ambience just like any other Chinese restaurants in Taiwan but service still remains top notch and efficient

lim2_resize
Lim The Owner of Malaysia Franchise

There is a good showcase which tells you the history and in depth detail on DTF Malaysia and Taiwan made by Sean of Makanlah. CLICK HERE for more details.

lim1_resize

During the food tasting session, we were given a short tour of the open kitchen.  Every DTF outlets around the world having the same open kitchen concept. Lim were briefing all the attendee on how the famed dumpling Xiao Long Bao was made.

din tai fung light xiu long bao dough mixer_resize
Compact and efficient kitchen equipments from Taiwan

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

30 Responses to Din Tai Fung at The Gardens Launching New 10 Latest Taiwanese Dishes

Nice intro to DTF customized menu, looks reasonable too. Would sure like to try out the food.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Penang Food – Steamboat @ Sawara Pulau Tikus =-.

2. Selba says:

I love eating at Din Tai Fung, I think it has the best xiao long bao.
    .-= Selba´s last blog ..Roast Pork and an award =-.

3. simplegirl says:

i must go and try their new fish dumpling and pork chop!!!!
    .-= simplegirl´s last blog ..Island Red Cafe, Ipoh =-.

4. very honor for the invited review, huh??
    I like the review, it’s detail and informative. I think I should go back for the next visit. 🙂
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..Lay Hong Coffee Shop Hokkien Mee =-.

5. j2kfm says:

one of the best xiu long bao there is.
    my personal fav, but as you said it, the queue is kinda intimidating come peak hours.
    .-= j2kfm´s last blog ..Cafe Takahashi @ Jusco Kinta City, Ipoh =-.

• email2me says:

Though the que is long you no need to wait long. Previously I don’t go in cause you know la … for us food blogger take longer time to eat our stuff. You will feel guilty to sit longer as so many people are waiting outside to use your table. hehehe

6. sigh. darn that traffic on Sat. I missed this!
    Now how to get my fix.. grrrr..
    .-= thenomadGourmand´s last blog ..Restaurant Pau Kee, IMBI =-.

7. iamthewitch says:

My FIRST comment logging in from new blog! Honoured or not? 😛 I enjoyed the Xiu Long Bao tremendously! And the appetizers too. Really opened up my appetite, even right now. LOL
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Tag of 21 people =-.

8. ai wei says:

sob sobz, missed out such a great food outing! heart Xiu Long Bao a lot
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Thanks to MUNCHY’s =-.

9. xin says:

ah the porkchop! i sure loved it last time when i had it…yummmM!!!
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Paddington House of Pancakes @ The Curve + a Random Bug =-.

10. buzzingbee says:

wah 18 folds each xiao long pau…
    gimme a basket of it please 😀

11. a decent place for some siu long baos..like the beef noodles here..typical taiwanese style
    .-= lotsofcravings´s last blog ..The Daily Grind (Second visit) @ Bangsar Village =-.

Eh! As if you eat little ….. 😛 You also hog down a lot too 😛

*Pretend didn’t see this message*

14. cariso says:

I eyed on that House Special Chicken Soup! IF DTF opens in Penang, I’ll sure go very often one! 🙂
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..Da Ban Restaurant (???????) II =-.

15. cumidanciki says:

very nice! sorry i missed it:)
    .-= cumidanciki´s last blog ..Moxie =-.

16. allie says:

I want the xiu long bao! The yam xiu long bao looks so cute! Can I have that too? hehe 😛