SELANGOR

CLOSED : Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa Kampung Baru at Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara

Recently after the closure of Kafe 888, the shop lot has been kept empty for few months until Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa Kampung Baru took over. The shop have been re-renovated and just open for business last week. I am a big fan of nasi lemak but I never step my foot at their main outlet which located at Kg Baru KL. Everytime I get turn off by the long que.

nasi lemak antarabangsa - 01

I am not sure the history of this nasi lemak but their name is really well known. When people said wanna go for nasi lemak in KL, automatically Kg Baru KL nasi lemak will come in mind. When I arrive there, the restaurant is 50% occupied.

nasi lemak antarabangsa - 02
The huge picture displaying people que for nasi lemak at the main branch

nasi lemak antarabangsa - 03

nasi lemak antarabangsa - 04
Nice and comfortable environment

I met Kampungboy and City Gal after seated for a while and we ate together. Seriously the service here are terrible. We need to wait for everything at least 20 mins for them to take order, deliver and return my change after paying the bill. In their main branch, everything was self service. Here they will pass you a menu and take down your order. Then they input the order to the computer nearby so that the kitchen can process the order. It take around 15 minutes for them to deliver.

nasi lemak antarabangsa - 05
We sit at the back area as the front part were mostly big tables cater for 4 or more pax

nasi lemak antarabangsa - 06

A standard nasi lemak plate come with coconut milk rice, anchovies with peanuts, 1/2 hard boiled egg and cucumber RM2.95

• July 13, 2009 - 10:46 pm | Permalink

After reading your review, I think i will not pay a visit to this restaurant. 😛
    .-= Mindy´s last blog ..Kota Damansara Star Village- ?????? =-.

• July 13, 2009 - 11:32 pm | Permalink

Such a nice ‘packaging’ for a nasi lemak ‘stall’. But the food looks not appetizing at all.
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Koay Teow Teng @ Evergreen Cafe | Penang Hawker Food =-.

• July 14, 2009 - 8:40 am | Permalink

Nice and modern restaurant specially for nasi lemak 🙂

I wish I could try nasi lemak… still wondering the difference with nasi uduk.
    .-= Selba´s last blog ..A Hwa – Peking Duck =-.

• July 14, 2009 - 6:35 pm | Permalink

I will let you know when I go test Indonesian Food at Jakarta.

• July 14, 2009 - 9:11 am | Permalink

wat a disappointment……expensive and not taste good…hope you’ll b more lucky on your next food hunt
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..Keng [email protected] Raja Ekram, Ipoh =-.

• July 14, 2009 - 6:37 pm | Permalink

Usually I don’t write foods that are no good. This one cannot avoid coz to alert people not having the same experience as I did. 😀

• Lucky8devil
    July 14, 2009 - 10:17 am | Permalink

I tried it last week. Wasn’t impress with their nasi lemak. The pisang goreng was really good. The nasi lemak was so so. The sambal petai was good. Anyway, I will only go back for the pisang goreng. Their tea breaks set menu is pretty alright though.

Cheers…..

• July 14, 2009 - 6:37 pm | Permalink

Hmmm … but their tea also crap. Diluted and use 3 in 1 mix to make it.

• July 14, 2009 - 12:45 pm | Permalink

I tried their nasi lemak with sambal petai udang in their Taman Melati branch. Tasted damn lousy and expensive….
    .-= Foodntravella´s last blog ..Si Chuan Dou Hua Restaurant =-.

• July 14, 2009 - 4:35 pm | Permalink

will try later! Not now 🙂

• July 14, 2009 - 10:05 pm | Permalink

The one in Kampung Baru used to be good. But not so anymore and the queue is pretty much less on weekdays night.
    .-= Chong´s last blog ..In Sabah – Prelude =-.

• apple
    July 15, 2009 - 9:27 am | Permalink

I felt so disappointed about what happen yesterday 14/07/2009. We went in the shop and managed get the menu but after waiting more than 10 minutes still nobody take our order even we keep on calling the waiter but they just ignore us….at least they can say “tunggu sekerjap or nanti sekerjap” to us but they totally ignore us, end up we all just went off….I told myself won’t step in this shop any more such a poor attitude….This is not the way doing business…

• July 15, 2009 - 10:46 am | Permalink

ai yo…. no matter how famous with such service standard, don’t think that will draw any crowd la!
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..Old House Café ??? =-.

• July 15, 2009 - 12:47 pm | Permalink

But the crowd still huge during dinner time … and I can see a lot pissed faces =.=||

• petalingh3
    July 15, 2009 - 12:22 pm | Permalink

Their other outlets at Ampang Park & esp Bangsar (opposite the new Bangsar Shopping Village, almost next to Baskin Robbins)are much better & friendlier!

Fast service even though there is a crowd.

• July 15, 2009 - 12:47 pm | Permalink

I will not go again as their taste doesn’t give me a BANG impression.

• July 15, 2009 - 2:49 pm | Permalink

The anchovies & petai look so miserable~~
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Zuup Soup Bar *edited =-.

• July 16, 2009 - 2:04 am | Permalink

Oops, the nasi lemak doesn’t sound too good. And waiting 20 minutes is too long, very bad service… Looks like I should avoid this place. Nice photos though! 🙂
    .-= Sugar Bean´s last blog ..La Tasca =-.

• July 18, 2009 - 6:45 pm | Permalink

If they don’t improve their customer service, customer will walk away sooner or later.

• jaksparrow
    July 18, 2009 - 11:35 am | Permalink

tq for your comments upgarding of our services will be improved tq.

• July 18, 2009 - 6:03 pm | Permalink

The appearance certainly didn’t look too appetizing, especially the look of the ikan bilis. 😛 I think I’ll reserve my stomach space for better nasi lemak. 🙂
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Teh Tarik Place in IOI Mall =-.

• July 18, 2009 - 6:46 pm | Permalink

I miss the Penang beach street banana leaf nasi lemak! :P~~~

• July 18, 2009 - 6:43 pm | Permalink

Ya lo …. That’s why I think I read it some where. But logo diff.

• July 20, 2009 - 1:43 pm | Permalink

hey nice meeting u again ken. n thx for ur recommendation, we went to ‘ching jing wong’ n the food was good!
    .-= kampungboycitygal´s last blog ..Taiwan Trip Day 2: Fu Hang Dou Jiang ???? – Taiwan Story Land ????? =-.

• July 23, 2009 - 5:24 pm | Permalink

I had a lousy time on my first visit to this place too.. I had to wait an hour for a bowl of regular laksa and a scoop of ice cream.. extremely lousy service too. They said they had technical difficulties during my order.. they should have make some compensation or something.
    .-= Tany´s last blog ..Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa Kampung Bharu, Sunway Damansara =-.

• kc Ong
    July 25, 2009 - 7:39 am | Permalink

Their nasi lemak quality drop a lot, eg. now their chilies is only taste sweet and nothing else. Use to be long queue in their kg baru stall but i think lesser people patron them comparing to few year back. And the staff are damn rude…

• Ani
    July 26, 2009 - 12:58 am | Permalink

I am really disappointed with the service provided there and I won’t forget the bad experience encountered during my first visit there. The staff are not well-trained.

• October 14, 2009 - 12:47 pm | Permalink

All are new and have to call many time for something ….

• Chef123
    July 29, 2009 - 10:13 am | Permalink

We value ur comments & suggestions about our service. ur views help us understand e needs of some of our customers and improve services.TQ guys:)

• Kenneth
    January 17, 2010 - 4:33 pm | Permalink

I’ve heard about the lousy service of this well known nasi lemak and despite public complaints, they never learn and improve. Forget about them. Maybe you all should try the one at the hawker stall in Kepong Baru. It’s run by Malay couple and is one of the best in town.

• petalingh3
    May 7, 2010 - 9:16 am | Permalink

The outlet opposite Bangsar Shopping Village has now been taken over by Tanglin Nasi lemak. I’m not sure whether this is the same Tanglin Nasi Lemak outlet @the vacinity of KL’s Lake Gardens.