PENANG

Ivy’s Kitchen – The Home Cook Recipe Nyonya Food

ivys kitchen - 07

Beef Rendang Set – RM8.50**

ivys kitchen - 08

Chicken Rendang Set – RM9 (This is curry Kapitan Chicken Style) **RECOMMENDED TO TRY!

ivys kitchen - 09
Garoupa Fish Porridge – RM9**

I know out there a lot of you may feel sick to eat rice for lunch or too heavy for you. Ivy’s kitchen serve this healthy porridge at an affordable price which come with garoupa fish fillet. In KL, I dare to bet this bowl cost at least RM15! Here at Ivy’s kitchen it just cost RM9 with a fruit juice and a dessert. Absolutely affordable and healthy choice for lunch.

ivys kitchen - 10
If the porridge is too heavy, you can opt for rice vermicelli at the same price just that the fish is fried

Apart from all the main course combo above, you can order some small snack dishes for add on.

ivys kitchen - 12

Lor Bak – Chicken Roll

ivys kitchen - 13
Authentic Nyonya Style Jiu Hu Char with piping hot sambal belacan

ivys kitchen - 14
Home Cook Curries

• July 7, 2009 - 8:07 pm | Permalink

Wow, is the coconut milk rice really that good? Wanna try it out! Like your photos, nicely arranged and neat! πŸ™‚
    .-= Sugar Bean´s last blog ..Giraffe Juice and Coffee Bar =-.

• July 9, 2009 - 6:06 pm | Permalink

Yea it is that good. Taste like authentic Malay cooked version. πŸ˜€

Thanks for the compliment πŸ˜‰

• July 7, 2009 - 8:58 pm | Permalink

oh my god… I may just take a bus back to Pg for this!!
    Looks soooo good and so old skool.. I MISS PG so much…
    .-= thenomadGourmand´s last blog ..The month that was June 2009, PART I =-.

• July 7, 2009 - 9:46 pm | Permalink

The three gulai dishes are new. Definitely offer a better choice for customers. Improvement seen.
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..??? Old House Cafe Vegetarian Set =-.

• July 9, 2009 - 6:07 pm | Permalink

Yea lo … more stuffs to eat compared to when you all did the review πŸ˜€

• July 7, 2009 - 10:20 pm | Permalink

Read a lot on the review on this. Would love to try it out!
    I like your shot on those drinks πŸ™‚
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Fried Emperor Noodle | Penang Hawker Food =-.

• July 7, 2009 - 10:28 pm | Permalink

i do agree that Chinese style nasi lemak rather bland and cannot be compared to the Malay’s version. but with more side dishes.
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Famous Ah Leng Char Koay Teow @ Jalan Dato Keramat, Penang =-.

• July 8, 2009 - 8:40 am | Permalink

how can i missed this place….so nice food…must go and check out this place during our next trip to Penang…
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..Sun Wen Cau @ New Menglembu, Ipoh =-.

• July 8, 2009 - 9:29 am | Permalink

Sure is a great place with many variety of dishes. I just love the ikan cincaru.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Penang Hawker Food & Nyonya Cuisine @ The Wok Cafe, Kota Damansara =-.

• July 9, 2009 - 8:58 am | Permalink

Ken, you are right. How I wish that they have a branch here. I am also drooling when drafting my post.
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Ivy’s Kitchen (Penang) – Invited food review =-.

• July 9, 2009 - 6:15 pm | Permalink

Fly is cheaper than drive for traveling alone πŸ˜€

• July 10, 2009 - 9:39 am | Permalink

the drinks arranged so nice… definitely ur work ler…

will call u for makan session soon, insyallah
    .-= superwilson´s last blog ..Gohtong Jaya’s Famous Frog Mee Hoon & Crispy Pork Belly @ Restoran Hou Wan =-.

• July 10, 2009 - 11:43 am | Permalink

you missed out my blog? πŸ™
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..Home Cooked Deep Fried Egg =-.

• July 11, 2009 - 12:41 pm | Permalink

you missed out mine too? πŸ™
    I like the chicken rendang and would recommend it to others too!
    .-= buzzingbee´s last blog ..The No Eye Deer – Revisit and Review =-.

• Swee Bin
    July 13, 2009 - 12:23 pm | Permalink

I am still remembering the fried popiah at Ivy’s Kitchen – I call it fusion popiah. Aiyo, what’s inside, ah? Can’t quite remember. Can just remember it tasted very good and wish it was available in Subang Jaya. Very different!

• July 14, 2009 - 11:44 am | Permalink

i like the look of this place – the wide open spaces!
    .-= cumidanciki´s last blog ..Char Siew Zhai Wantan Mee =-.

• July 14, 2009 - 6:49 pm | Permalink

Wah… I missed out all the favorites food ah…. ^-^
    .-= FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog ..Sarkies Corner @ E & O Hotel, Penang =-.

• July 15, 2009 - 9:29 am | Permalink

You can visit them any time. The food is served daily fresh from the kitchen. No left overs. πŸ˜€

• July 17, 2009 - 7:29 pm | Permalink

wow, looks good! Currently addicted to nyonya food after watching’little nyonya’ =)
    .-= Pigpigscorner´s last blog ..Restaurant Review – Rodizio Rico, Carnivore’s Delight =-.