KL

CLOSED : Kafe Rajah Brooke – The Most Authentic Sarawak Foods in Klang Valley

For a start we ordered some drinks. Sarawak is always famous for their 3 layers Teh C Peng (evaporated milk iced tea).

rajah brooke kl - 04.jpg
3 layers Teh C Peng with Palm Sugar – Rating 5/5 at RM3.50

This is Sarawak all time favorite drink. Compared to our normal iced tea / teh peng, this is sweetened by palm sugar rather than sugar. This drink is very addictive. 1 will never enough!

rajah brooke kl - 18.jpg
Blueberry Tea – Rating 3/5 at RM3.50

This is a Teh O Ice with added blueberry flavors.

rajah brooke kl - 06.jpg

Soup type Kolo Mee – Rating 4/5 at RM6.00

rajah brooke kl - 14.jpg

Crispy noodles served with sweet and sour tomato sauce, char siew and vegetables.

rajah brooke kl - 07.jpg
KOLO Mee With Char Siew Sauce – Rating 4/5 at RM6

Kuching specialties.  Mixed with home made char siew sauce served with char siew, minced pork, pork lard and vegetables. Recommended to try this one.

• May 29, 2009 - 5:36 pm | Permalink

This is in Kuchai Lama. Taman Megah one is just right opposite of Ming Tien food court. Only available for lunch.

• May 29, 2009 - 5:53 pm | Permalink

wow! that place surely looks great 🙂

doszs last blog post..Nur’s Burger

• May 29, 2009 - 9:28 pm | Permalink

great to see authentic food from sarawak being served in a clean lined shop with air con 🙂 gotta visit this place!

adels last blog post..Chinese Chives Wonton and Dumpling Soup

• May 29, 2009 - 11:42 pm | Permalink

The 3 layer teh si bing is so inviting! I wanna have a sip can ar? pls.. hehe.. :p

allies last blog post..Penang Restaurant | Opera Oriental Cuisine (Valuable Set Lunch)

• June 7, 2009 - 6:30 pm | Permalink

Can …. come KL. I bring you go visit this restaurant. 😀

• May 29, 2009 - 11:48 pm | Permalink

Somewhere close to where I’m staying. Will try it out…

• May 30, 2009 - 12:45 am | Permalink

Indeed convenient, Sarawak food available right in Klang Valley. More people will get to taste the food.

ck lams last blog post..Vegetarian Flavors & Cuisines @ Yishensu, 1 Utama

• June 7, 2009 - 6:32 pm | Permalink

Yea lo … no need to spend air ticket money just to try authentic Sarawakian foods. 😀

• May 30, 2009 - 1:24 am | Permalink

oh, near to Nippy? then i get a rough idea on this location.
    Rajah Brooke … not a name of the species of butterfly meh?!

hmm, thought that’s James Brooke. whatever.

J2Kfms last blog post..Langkawi REvisited – A Tale of 3 Musketeers

• June 7, 2009 - 6:33 pm | Permalink

Rajah Brooke is the name where locals gave him. Real name is James Brooke.

From Rajah Brooke, go until the end is Nippy Noodle already.

• May 30, 2009 - 9:16 am | Permalink

what a shame…as a Malaysian, i haven’t visited sarawak b4…so no idea howz the food taste like….but seeing yr post, i guess it should be good ya!

SimpleGirls last blog post..Penang Food Post 3

• June 7, 2009 - 6:33 pm | Permalink

Sarawak famous for Pepper! Anything with their home grown pepper is good!

• May 30, 2009 - 9:45 am | Permalink

nx time my fren come back frm S’wak, i’ll send u a pack of kolo mee 😉
    The padungan rce is my fav too for tht nite!

thenomadGourmands last blog post..Foodies day out – OuG market & Loke Yuen Chic Rice

• May 31, 2009 - 2:07 am | Permalink

oh…near nippy, i surely will pay this a visit! wah…beh dong! so many food in my list, how can we finished it in one trip? lol

gill gills last blog post..Left-overs:Bacon chips+sea cucumber+ABC soup=EXPERIMENT!

• June 7, 2009 - 6:34 pm | Permalink

You diet first before come to KL. If not later regret cannot slot in. lol …. 😛

• May 31, 2009 - 9:10 am | Permalink

After look at the post….. make me feel like having sarawak laksa now…. but can’t get it in Penang. *sob Sob*

FoOd PaRaDiSes last blog post..Invited Review – JL Steamboat Restaurant @ Nagore Road, Penang

• May 31, 2009 - 6:27 pm | Permalink

isnt Rajah Brooke a butterfly? not colonial food ar? wow.. nice set up. love the deco and larger than life pic!

• May 31, 2009 - 8:20 pm | Permalink

yea!! padungan rice for me too!! LOL =D hehehe.. not a bad place to makan la aye??

• June 7, 2009 - 6:35 pm | Permalink

Can drop by some other time when we run out of idea for dinner/lunch. 😛

• May 31, 2009 - 10:41 pm | Permalink

omigoodness, i love all these sarawak food, esp mee kolo.
    say, do you know where to buy sarawak laksa paste in KL?

fatboybakess last blog post..Perth….. Pleasantville

• June 7, 2009 - 6:36 pm | Permalink

You can try order from this restaurant. See whether they sell ?

• May 31, 2009 - 11:37 pm | Permalink

Interesting I must admit. Never tried Sarawakian food before. Will go there one day to try the curry mee…

superwilsons last blog post..Ala Carte Japanese Buffet @ Irodori Japanese Restaurant, Singapore

• June 1, 2009 - 2:01 am | Permalink

O.o This place is in Kuchai Lama and I live around this area but haven’t heard about it. Is it new? Coz I left KL last September. Will definitely visit this place after I return to KL. The photo of Rajah Brooke actually reminded me of reading my sejarah book long time ago…

Sugar Beans last blog post..The Loaf

• June 7, 2009 - 6:37 pm | Permalink

Quite new.

hahaha ….. those were the days where we struggle to study the Sejarah … =.=||

• June 5, 2009 - 10:19 am | Permalink

I’m not familiar with sarawak food, interesting… would love to try it someday 🙂

Selbas last blog post..Kolak with Banana & Pumpkin

• June 7, 2009 - 6:37 pm | Permalink

Their food all very pepperish 😀

If you like pepper, you sure love all their foods.

• Derek
    June 7, 2009 - 1:17 am | Permalink

I’ve tried before and I must say it’s nice. If you go during lunch time, they’ll give u a desert and drink for free =)

• June 8, 2009 - 9:07 pm | Permalink

Among all, I would love to try the Sarawak Laksa the most. 🙂

Little Inboxs last blog post..8 Course Meal @ Restaurant Sea Palace

• Greg
    June 28, 2009 - 9:43 pm | Permalink

Hi,

Just tried the food at Rajah Brooke, I went for the Sarawak Laksa and Kolo Mee.
    I’m a Sarawakian, from Kuching to be more specific, and its always nice to discover places that serve food that reminds me of home. The environment was nice, location was not too difficult to find (from Sunway), and though the pricing is kind of on the high-side, its well worth it.

The laksa was ok, Taman Megah’s one is better in my opinion :), it reminded me of my high school canteen’s laksa (SMB St. Joseph, Kuching), and the Kolo mee was nice…but missing the red pork-oil usually available in Kuching, taste was nice.

Overall its worth a visit, and i’ll be heading there for the Padungan Curry rice 🙂

• August 3, 2009 - 10:04 am | Permalink

wei ken, i went the other day for lunch, and guess what?
    they say their mains already FINISHED! that was about 3pm.
    asked us return in the evening.
    ahem … ended up eating something else.
    no luck ….
    .-= j2kfm´s last blog ..Cafe Takahashi @ Jusco Kinta City, Ipoh =-.

• Keropi
    November 27, 2010 - 4:20 pm | Permalink

This restaurant is closed or relocated from Kuchai Entrepreneur Park

• December 30, 2010 - 3:38 pm | Permalink

Sarawak kolo mee available in Eat Sense Restaurant in Bandar Puteri Puchong, new shops on the right of Giant Bandar Puteri. Wantan mee, nasi lemak, char kueh teow, fast food rice and steamboat also available

RM3 promotion on all stall food and 50% discount on drinks – try the Teh C Peng Special. From 31st Dec 2010 until 31st Jan 2011.