* FEATURED IN 8TV HOCHAK! [flv:/hochak/S11_..." /> CLOSED : Kafe Rajah Brooke - The Most Authentic Sarawak Foods in Klang Valley - Page 2 of 3 - Food Point of Interest

KL no image

Published on May 29th, 2009 | by email2me

CLOSED : Kafe Rajah Brooke – The Most Authentic Sarawak Foods in Klang Valley

For a start we ordered some drinks. Sarawak is always famous for their 3 layers Teh C Peng (evaporated milk iced tea).

rajah brooke kl - 04.jpg
3 layers Teh C Peng with Palm Sugar – Rating 5/5 at RM3.50

This is Sarawak all time favorite drink. Compared to our normal iced tea / teh peng, this is sweetened by palm sugar rather than sugar. This drink is very addictive. 1 will never enough!

rajah brooke kl - 18.jpg
Blueberry Tea – Rating 3/5 at RM3.50

This is a Teh O Ice with added blueberry flavors.

rajah brooke kl - 06.jpg

Soup type Kolo Mee – Rating 4/5 at RM6.00

rajah brooke kl - 14.jpg

Crispy noodles served with sweet and sour tomato sauce, char siew and vegetables.

rajah brooke kl - 07.jpg
KOLO Mee With Char Siew Sauce – Rating 4/5 at RM6

Kuching specialties.  Mixed with home made char siew sauce served with char siew, minced pork, pork lard and vegetables. Recommended to try this one.

Pages: 1 2 3

42 Responses to CLOSED : Kafe Rajah Brooke – The Most Authentic Sarawak Foods in Klang Valley

This is in Kuchai Lama. Taman Megah one is just right opposite of Ming Tien food court. Only available for lunch.

2. dosz says:

wow! that place surely looks great 🙂

doszs last blog post..Nur’s Burger

3. adel says:

great to see authentic food from sarawak being served in a clean lined shop with air con 🙂 gotta visit this place!

adels last blog post..Chinese Chives Wonton and Dumpling Soup

4. allie says:

The 3 layer teh si bing is so inviting! I wanna have a sip can ar? pls.. hehe.. :p

allies last blog post..Penang Restaurant | Opera Oriental Cuisine (Valuable Set Lunch)

5. Chong says:

Somewhere close to where I’m staying. Will try it out…

Indeed convenient, Sarawak food available right in Klang Valley. More people will get to taste the food.

ck lams last blog post..Vegetarian Flavors & Cuisines @ Yishensu, 1 Utama

7. J2Kfm says:

oh, near to Nippy? then i get a rough idea on this location.
    Rajah Brooke … not a name of the species of butterfly meh?!

hmm, thought that’s James Brooke. whatever.

J2Kfms last blog post..Langkawi REvisited – A Tale of 3 Musketeers

8. SimpleGirl says:

what a shame…as a Malaysian, i haven’t visited sarawak b4…so no idea howz the food taste like….but seeing yr post, i guess it should be good ya!

SimpleGirls last blog post..Penang Food Post 3

9. nx time my fren come back frm S’wak, i’ll send u a pack of kolo mee 😉
    The padungan rce is my fav too for tht nite!

thenomadGourmands last blog post..Foodies day out – OuG market & Loke Yuen Chic Rice

10. gill gill says:

oh…near nippy, i surely will pay this a visit! wah…beh dong! so many food in my list, how can we finished it in one trip? lol

gill gills last blog post..Left-overs:Bacon chips+sea cucumber+ABC soup=EXPERIMENT!

11. After look at the post….. make me feel like having sarawak laksa now…. but can’t get it in Penang. *sob Sob*

FoOd PaRaDiSes last blog post..Invited Review – JL Steamboat Restaurant @ Nagore Road, Penang

12. cumidanciki says:

isnt Rajah Brooke a butterfly? not colonial food ar? wow.. nice set up. love the deco and larger than life pic!

13. andrew says:

yea!! padungan rice for me too!! LOL =D hehehe.. not a bad place to makan la aye??

14. fatboybakes says:

omigoodness, i love all these sarawak food, esp mee kolo.
    say, do you know where to buy sarawak laksa paste in KL?

fatboybakess last blog post..Perth….. Pleasantville

15. superwilson says:

Interesting I must admit. Never tried Sarawakian food before. Will go there one day to try the curry mee…

superwilsons last blog post..Ala Carte Japanese Buffet @ Irodori Japanese Restaurant, Singapore

16. Sugar Bean says:

O.o This place is in Kuchai Lama and I live around this area but haven’t heard about it. Is it new? Coz I left KL last September. Will definitely visit this place after I return to KL. The photo of Rajah Brooke actually reminded me of reading my sejarah book long time ago…

Sugar Beans last blog post..The Loaf

17. Selba says:

I’m not familiar with sarawak food, interesting… would love to try it someday 🙂

Selbas last blog post..Kolak with Banana & Pumpkin

18. Derek says:

I’ve tried before and I must say it’s nice. If you go during lunch time, they’ll give u a desert and drink for free =)

19. Little Inbox says:

Among all, I would love to try the Sarawak Laksa the most. 🙂

Little Inboxs last blog post..8 Course Meal @ Restaurant Sea Palace

20. Greg says:

Hi,

Just tried the food at Rajah Brooke, I went for the Sarawak Laksa and Kolo Mee.
    I’m a Sarawakian, from Kuching to be more specific, and its always nice to discover places that serve food that reminds me of home. The environment was nice, location was not too difficult to find (from Sunway), and though the pricing is kind of on the high-side, its well worth it.

The laksa was ok, Taman Megah’s one is better in my opinion :), it reminded me of my high school canteen’s laksa (SMB St. Joseph, Kuching), and the Kolo mee was nice…but missing the red pork-oil usually available in Kuching, taste was nice.

Overall its worth a visit, and i’ll be heading there for the Padungan Curry rice 🙂

21. j2kfm says:

wei ken, i went the other day for lunch, and guess what?
    they say their mains already FINISHED! that was about 3pm.
    asked us return in the evening.
    ahem … ended up eating something else.
    no luck ….
    .-= j2kfm´s last blog ..Cafe Takahashi @ Jusco Kinta City, Ipoh =-.

22. Keropi says:

This restaurant is closed or relocated from Kuchai Entrepreneur Park

23. PG says:

Sarawak kolo mee available in Eat Sense Restaurant in Bandar Puteri Puchong, new shops on the right of Giant Bandar Puteri. Wantan mee, nasi lemak, char kueh teow, fast food rice and steamboat also available

RM3 promotion on all stall food and 50% discount on drinks – try the Teh C Peng Special. From 31st Dec 2010 until 31st Jan 2011.