EVENTS

Early “Lou Sang” at Tai Zi Heen, Prince Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Xmas is coming near …. have you prepared/book your roast turkey yet? If you are too lazy to do it, I suggest you book a restaurant and enjoy it there minus all the cooking and washing hassled. Food POI would like to take the opportunity to wish you Merry Xmas and a happy near year.

It may be weird to see me post this article up so fast. But after deduct all the holidays Chinese New Year are coming up in no time. About exactly 1 month from Xmas day. I put this up so that people can get some idea on where to dine for their “LOU SANG” ceremony. After reading the article, you can start call Tai Zi Heen to book your table ahead of everyone else. At least you know what is served compare to all your previous years which you are pretty clueless what will be served in the restaurants and avoid waiting for a table. Continue reading below to find out more.

Thanks to the management of Prince Hotel KL, I was invited for a food tasting sessions at their Tai Zi Heen Chef’s Special Chinese New Year A La Carte Selections session. Tai Zi Heen is an award winning restaurant voted by Malaysia Tatler for the year 2007/2008. Even the chef also won several awards.

tai zi heen cny special 2009 36.jpg

The Grand Entrance To Tai Zi Heen

Out side the entrance you can see the nice lighting and decoration of the lobby for Prince Hotel.

tai zi heen 18.jpg

This session actually is a press release for the upcoming CNY Yee Sang Promotions which going to be introduced to the public. For chinese community, “LOU SANG” is an important event for business prosperity. The legend do mention that the higher you toss, the more prosperity you get.

tai zi heen 01.jpg

To be frank, this is the first time I sit in a session with so many people from the press and magazines. All this peoples are those seniors in writing up articles about foods. To me I am still at the learning curve and at that night I really learn a lot especially on photography and how to play with words in articles. What a great experience I had that night. On my table, sitting next to me on my right was Sidney [Big Boys Oven], Sean [Makanlah], Ms. Lee [Malay Mail], Lenny Mak [United Daily News] and few others. Nice meeting you all.

Not long after we were seated, we were served with the “Yee Sang“.

tai zi heen cny special 2009 18.jpg
Ying-yang Yee Sang with Crispy Shredded Treasure in Plum Dressing – Rating 4/5 at RM168 [Whole Portion] or RM88[Half Portion]

• December 20, 2008 - 8:40 pm | Permalink

WOW! we really camwhore and really there for a marvellous treat, what a fantastic nite, great food and great company! Ricky looked like he is doing a magic show! lol!

• December 20, 2008 - 10:05 pm | Permalink

wah.. so fast lou sang d! The food looks simply delicious! yum yum… Merry xmas to you!

Allies last blog post..Penang Hawker Food | Fried Lok Lok @ Gurney Drive

• December 21, 2008 - 12:20 am | Permalink

Poor you got to sacrifice eating in order to let us have good photos to view. btw I love that dessert -Glutinuous Rice Dumplings !

• December 21, 2008 - 8:58 am | Permalink

A grand CNY feast….fits for an emperor.

ck lams last blog post..Coffee Island @ Gurney Drive, Penang

• December 21, 2008 - 1:08 pm | Permalink

BBO : ya lo …. Ricky’s creation are simply outstanding and the whole session was fun.

Allie : more to come …. and merry Xmas to you too

cariso : That is ladies favorite. Some of the ladies in that session had 2 servings.

CK : Yes indeed ….

• December 22, 2008 - 10:13 am | Permalink

Very nice presentations!

Oh.. I wonder how the Steamed Fish Balls with Abalone and Fat Choy tasted… interesting 🙂

Selbas last blog post..Jajanan Pasar Singkong

• December 22, 2008 - 1:50 pm | Permalink

walao…. ppl all jobless.. recession la. this la that la,….

u still can makan besar… salute….

hahahha……

shark fin…. I wan the shark fins….

PenangTuaPuis last blog post..Penang Restaurant | Star View New Word Park – Fei Fei Farewell Lunch

• December 22, 2008 - 2:56 pm | Permalink

Selba : You can expect that from an award winning restaurant. 😀

PTP : I eat for FREE ok ? Then that even better for recession cause I no need to spend money. hahahaha

• December 22, 2008 - 5:11 pm | Permalink

wow..u r fast…just uploaded my pics..

looks like u managed to master ur 50D quite well ar..

lotsofcravingss last blog post..Champ’s Bistro @ Centrepoint, Bandar Utama

• December 22, 2008 - 7:32 pm | Permalink

joe : hehehe ….. when free fast fast clear all the important post.

the 50D is a beast to tame …. still got lots of stuffs not yet master

• December 25, 2008 - 5:04 pm | Permalink

I’m not a big fan of yee sang. Tossing noodles higher to ensure prosperity? How about working harder instead?!

Yeah, I thought that the dim sum assortment looked “normal” at first, but when you start describing what they are really made of, it’s amazing. I think that if this really is premium Chinese cuisine, it should look like it, don’t you agree?

Nates last blog post..Merry Christmas from House of Annie

• December 26, 2008 - 8:28 am | Permalink

The food looks really amazing and I can see that u rated almost every single dish as 5/5. Must be really good. HAha… Wait till someone pays for my meal there first than I will go. Hehe.. BTw, Merry Belated Xmas!

• December 26, 2008 - 8:50 am | Permalink

Steven : you still can collect meh ….. I thought start giving out?

Nate : It is just a tradition …… I couldn’t agree more on the work harder part especially the current recession.

May : Yea …… wish to Santa ….. hahahaha

• December 29, 2008 - 2:50 pm | Permalink

OMG. that looks damn tasty… I’m quite suprised they are already setting up CNY dinners now, but then again, CNY is only about a month from now huh?

Nice pictures btw! I use a Nikon for my food shots as well… love the Nikon. It’s great.

Williams last blog post..Sri Nyonya Restaurant, Petaling Jaya Section 22

• December 29, 2008 - 3:20 pm | Permalink

William : Nothing is impossible. All the festivals were too near to each other.

I am using Canon and not Nikon 😛