MELAKA

Restoran Ban Lee Siang Satay Celup

Click On The Picture To Enlarge & Put Your Mouse Cursor Over Picture For Description

Place: Restoran Ban Lee Siang Satay Celup

Location : Melaka Town near Jonker Street
GPS Coordinate : N2 12.144 E102 14.627
Google Maps : CLICK HERE
Address : 45E, Jalan Ong Kim Wee, Melaka
Contact No : 06-284 1935
Website :
Business Hour : 5.30pm till 12.30am
Off Day : Tuesday
Food Type: Dip Satay (Satay Celup)
Price: RM0.60 and RM0.50 depends on color codes.
Payment Terms : Cash
Cleanliness Votes : 3/5
Food Votes : 4/5
Air Conditioned : No
Halal : No
WIFI : No
Smoking and non smoking zone : No
Tax :
Recommended Foods : Satay Celup

Recommended Drinks :

Remark:
One of the oldest and most original satay celup restaurant. Compared to lok lok which is dipping raw foods into hot water, this is dipping into hot peanut sauce. All the foods were stored in refrigerator to preserve the freshness. Be sure to go there early as the sauce will be recycled and recooked. If you go early, your sauce is fresh from the kitchen.

Other reviews :
KY Speaks

^^Living in Food Heaven^^

• July 18, 2008 - 8:51 pm | Permalink

This is still the best in Melaka. I wondered if the boss still kept on adding pounded peanut and gravy in the pot as usual 😛 I missed going to Melaka now… any stall in Penang selling this? haha

• July 18, 2008 - 11:30 pm | Permalink

Yea … still same …. Penang don’t have ler ….

• July 19, 2008 - 11:04 am | Permalink

Great site and good review. I like good food. Perhaps 1 day you can go to Sitiawan, there are just so many great and cheap food there.

• July 19, 2008 - 4:58 pm | Permalink

best satay celup… still remember the taste even though it is 3 years back on the first try out.

believe me, you really wan to see the boss face when they count how many we had gotten to our stomach.. so sayang we didn’t able to snap it 🙁

else.. i am sure all will perut pecah…lolx

• July 19, 2008 - 5:46 pm | Permalink

Eddie : Thanks …. Sitiawan is very famous for their Chee Cheong Fun and Hock Chew dishes …. Will try it out if got chance to go there.

Tua Pui : It is as good as our lok lok in Penang …..

• Young
    October 18, 2008 - 1:42 pm | Permalink

Hi! Criz Lai, Good news for you and Satay Celup Lover in Penang. I’m origin from Malacca and now working in Penang. I love satay celup very much and missed all kind of Malacca foods. And I have very few chance a year to go back Malacca to enjoy all kind of Malacca Foods as committed to work. Recently I discovered a SATAY CELUP stall at Jalan Raja Uda !!!!! So you don’t have to go as far as Malacca to enjoy Satay Celup !!

Guess what, the taste is even better then Malacca Satay Celup with the rich and thick peanut favor. If you don’t like Satay Celup style, the shop can offer Penang Lok Lok style. And the Tomyam serve together in Lok Lok style is the one I like most. And the shop even offer 2 in 1, Satay Celup + Lok Lok in a single pot….so flexible.

And I’m surprised the shop even sell CHICKEN RICE BALL !!!! One on my favorite.

The price sound reasonable with RM0.70 per stick with the portion served is much bigger then at Malacca. And the boss offer buy 10 free 1. This stall also offer all you can eat at RM15 for adult and RM7.50 for children.

The shop address as below
    ????????????
    Restaurant Chuan Chuan Xiang
    Tingkat 08, Jalan Pangsapuri Emas,
    Taman Emas, Raja Uda,
    Butterworth, Penang.
    Tel : 016-484-2088
    Open Tuesday – Sunday 5.30pm -11.00pm
    Rest on Monday.
    ( Is very near to Kwang Hua Primary School)

• Angel
    April 21, 2010 - 10:35 pm | Permalink

I love satay celup and I have my fix at least once a week … I have tried all the shops, Capitol, McQuek and Ban Lee Siang and I used to think Capitol was great until I chanced upon a new shop called Satay Celup Nyonya at Taman Melaka Raya, towards Dataran Pahlawan. Their sauce is a little tangy and sweet and it taste just great. Looking back, I think all the other shops’ sauce taste bland in comparison to this nyonya style. Go try and judge it for yourself … Bon Appetit!! … and check out their website http://www.sataycelupnyonya.com (I had a hard time to suss their website out)

• Celup kawan
    July 14, 2010 - 1:18 pm | Permalink

Yum yum! I love chicken rice. Think Singapore chicken rice is very nice. The famous A-Famosa chkn rice ball in Malaka not so good leh … Anyone knows where got sell good chicken rice ball?

Satay celup, I like very much too! Never get to try Capitol. Too long queue and cramp. Went McQuak instead but heard they serve same sauce from previous customers. Eeew! Found one Satay celup shop somewhere near Melaka Raya Plaza, nyonya style. Quite different from McQuek and Ban Lee Siang. New shop, clean and sauce quite nice and cheaper too ;p

• Anthony Fong
    August 19, 2010 - 9:55 am | Permalink

Hi All

I used to work in Jalan Raja Uda during the early years of 1990s but then satay celup was unheard of.

By any chance are there any satay celup shops ala Penang style or Malacca style in Ipoh? From all the comments I read, I believe it is delicious.

Regards

• April 30, 2011 - 11:24 am | Permalink

it was one of my favorite satay celup in melaka

• Hsing
    December 23, 2015 - 8:37 am | Permalink

Chicken rice ball in Malacca much better than Singapore. …just saying.